If you’re like most people, you’re on a strict budget, and when it comes to home renovations and repairs, that budget can get out of hand quickly. Before you hire joiners in West Sussex, or carpenters, or both, here is a basic guide to general projects and the length of time they usually take to complete.
* Garden shed: Building an 8m x 6m garden shed with pre-assembled panels generally takes about one day to complete. This assumes that you’ve already installed the concrete base. If the panels are not pre-assembled, this will take 2-3 days.
* Garden fence: To construct a fence with 10 6m x 5m panels, including posts will usually take 1 -2 days.
* Built-in wardrobe: A double sized wardrobe with top shelves and two doors complete with a shoe rail will normally take 2-3 days to complete.
* Install oak flooring: A space of 1.5m by 3m will take about one day to complete. The price will be lower if you supply the flooring and have the surface ready when the joiners/carpenters arrive on site.
* Hang new doors: Hanging 12 new doors (that you supply) will take approximately 2 – 4 days. The time required may depend on where the doors are located (all on one level, or multi).
Before you hire a company to do any work for you, have them come and have a look at your home or building that you want the work done. They will give you an estimate of how long it will take, and how much it will cost.
Remember that if you supply the materials, you’ll spend less than if they bring everything that’s needed. Always get quotes in writing and make sure all of the details of the contract are listed (who is supplying what, length of time, money, etc.). This avoids confusion and miscommunication later on.
J & N Joinery are joiners that provide outstanding workmanship in every manner of bespoke joinery in West Sussex. Visit them online for more information.